The Long Beach Casting Club is recognized as a leader within the fly fishing community, both nationally and internationally. We have more Master Certified Casting Instructors (11) than any other club, than any other state. Plus we have an additional 14 members who are FFF Certified Fly Casting Instructors. In effect, we teach those who teach others. An endless list of casting instructors from around the country have spent time in Long Beach learning their craft. The name Long Beach Casting Club is well known among fly casters in every part of the country.
Two of our members are American Casting Association Hall of Fame Honorees, while ten members have been casting All Americans.
Join us on Tuesday nights for casting practice and instruction at our casting pond under the lights. From May 2018 up through August 2018 we have club casting games on Tuesdays at 7pm. Then our games transition to Sundays starting September 9, 2018 at 9am.
Check out the Tournaments web page for more information on the following upcoming casting tournaments:
- Southwestern Tournament, February 17 and 18, 2018 starting at 8:30am
- LBCC Board of Director’s Handicap, March 25, 2018, starting at 8:30 am
FLY ACCURACY CASTING IMPROVEMENT CLASS
The Long Beach Casting Club is pleased to offer training class for accuracy fly casting improvement. The class will be held on Sunday, March 18, 2018 and April 29, 2018. Instruction will be from 10:00 am to 11:00 am at the LBCC Pond.
Participants will learn to improve fly casting accuracy from the experienced LBCC casters using many tools available to diagnose casting problems.
IMPROVED CASTING ACCURACY RESULTS IN:
- Catching more fish with accurate casts
- Reduced tangled tippets with better a casting stroke
- Reduced number of trees and bushes caught, instead of fish
Instruction will be provided by the experienced LBCC casters.
To confirm your attendance, email Colin Kumabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) 1st Annual LBCC Spey Tournament video, click here.
2) CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO! Our own Bob Middo is on this video made at the Central Oregon Trout Festival and the Orvis National Casting Games, held at the Old Mill. Read detailed article about this unique public casting course in the October 2010 Target Talk written by LBCC Member Bob Graham.
Filmed on location at the Orvis Casting Course at the Old Mill in Bend, Oregon on the weekend of August 13 through 15, 2010. This is a unique venue where fly casting is the focus to make you a better fisherman. Tournament Fly Caster’s along side Amateur competitors took the challenge and had a great time this weekend for an opportunity to get part of over $10,000 in cash and prizes.
This weekend was also the showcase for the Deschutes Chapter of Trout Unlimited Central Oregon Trout Festival which featured a wide variety of non-profit conservation groups showcasing their efforts here in the Upper Deschutes Basin along with a host of educational activities for youth and the public. To find out how you can become a sponsor for next year’s event, please contact Gabe Parr at email@example.com.